What Attracts A Burglar
June 20th, 2022
One of the best things you can do for your business is investing in a security system. Back in 2017, businesses actually accounted for a third of all burglaries that took place according to the FBI. This goes to show you just how important and essential security is for any business - big or small.
Now that we know the importance of security for business, what exactly is it that attracts the burglars in the first place?
Many burglars are on the lookout for specific things when deciding which business to target.
- Known Valuables. If the business is known for having valuables like electronics, jewelry, pharmacies, and liquor stores, then they become prime targets. These are items they can grab as much as possible and as quickly as they can and then turn around and sell them for a profit.
- Cash Businesses. If the business keeps large sums of money on hand, then they are definitely a prime target for a burglar. Pawn stores and banks, for example, fit into this category and appeal to burglars.
- Late Business Hours. Bars and restaurants that have late business hours along with convenience stores are also appealing targets for burglars. Fewer people are out and about and these establishments typically only have a few employees working at that time.
Keeping Your Business Secure
There are a few things you can do as a business owner to ensure that your business and property remain as secure as possible.
- Video Surveillance. This allows you to keep a watchful eye on your business and also acts as a great deterrent for crime. Place the camera's around the inside and outside of the property, taking care to cover each exit and entry point.
- Monitored Alarms. This will alert you when there is an intruder. The alarm is triggered, and the signal goes out to the monitoring center for the system. You will then be notified along with the authorities.
- Mobile Options. Newer systems allow you to manage and control everything from your mobile device, which offers much more in the way of convenience than ever before.
- Window and Door Sensors. When the glass in a window is broken, or a door is opened, a sensor is triggered. You can also get image sensors that are motion activated and will alert you of someone's presence in one of the monitored areas.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways you can proactively take control over the security of your Chico business. With the right surveillance system in place, you can cut down on theft, vandalism, and other crimes. You will also have the evidence you need if an incident were to occur on your property,
It is never a good idea to wait until something happens or wait until after you have been made a target for theft in Chico, CA.
Take action today and contact a security company in your area to go over any and all options that are available to you for securing your business and protecting your investment.